Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
This is the best edible cookie dough! It melts in your mouth, has plenty of flavor, and is simply irresistible.
What is even better is that you can store it in the fridge, so you can grab it quickly when the cravings hit.
Let’s check out the best cookie dough recipe!
Can I Eat Raw Cookie Dough?
You probably remember your mom telling you not to eat raw dough because it doesn’t do you any good. Well, this is true! For safety and health reasons, it is not recommended to eat the dough in its raw form. The dough recipe we propose can be eaten even when it is not prepared.
While it may look the same, this dough is very different from the usual one, as it contains ingredients that allow us to eat it unprepared.
What Is Edible Cookie Dough Made From?
Although most of the ingredients in edible cake dough are similar to those found in regular dough, there are some key differences:
- No eggs – because raw eggs are very dangerous, they can have Salmonella, which is why this dough should not contain eggs.
- No rising agents – as you will not prepare the dough at room temperature, leavening agents such as baking powder or baking soda should not be part of the recipe for edible dough
- Baked flour – if you plan to make an edible dough, you will need to cook the flour in the oven beforehand. This is necessary to ensure that all the bacteria that the flour may contain will die.
We all know that raw eggs are dangerous, but we don’t know that flour can be just as harmful to your health.
Can You Eat Raw Flour?
Eating raw flour is dangerous because it could be contaminated with various bacteria, such as E. Coli. To remove any possibility of contamination, the flour must be cooked beforehand if you want to get an edible dough.
At high temperatures, the bacteria die, and there will be no risk of infection.
How To Make a Small Batch of Cookie Dough
If you want to get a smaller amount of edible dough, you do not have to reduce the amount of ingredients needed. We recommend that you prepare the dough according to the recipe.
Then divide it into smaller pieces, wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge or freezer until you need them.
This way, you will always have the cookie dough ready in the freezer, and you will not have to repeat the cooking process every time you want to cook.
If it is well wrapped, this dough remains fresh for about 5 days in the refrigerator and almost 3 months in the freezer.
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Servings: 4 -6 servings
Calories: 288 kcal
- 3/4 cup white all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar (it has to be granulated)
- ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of salted butter, it must be melted (and if you do not have salted butter, you have to add salt in your dough)
- ⅓ cup of dark or light brown sugar
- The oven must be preheated to 350 degrees F, and the flour must be placed on a baking sheet (this must be evenly distributed).
- While the flour is in the oven, you can melt the butter and leave it to cool to room temperature. The flour should stay in the oven for about 5-7 minutes (you have to be very careful not to burn the flour). Remove the flour from the oven and let it cool.
- After the melted butter has cooled completely, put it in a bowl together with the white and brown sugar. Mix well until the sugar in the composition melts. Then add vanilla, milk, and salt and mix well. Cooked flour should be mixed with chocolate chips.
- If you think the dough needs to be cooled, let it cool for 10 minutes. The aroma of butter in the composition of the dough is extraordinary, but it is even better when the dough is slightly cooled. It will be worth waiting a few minutes for it to cool down!
You can eat this dough without worrying that it is unhealthy. If you follow all the steps mentioned in the recipe, you can’t go wrong.
McDonald’s India- North and East Opens Restaurants with No Onion No Garlic Menu enroute the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi
Offering a 100% Vegetarian Menu, the restaurants are located at New Track- Tarakote Marg and Ardhkuwari Jammu, 16 March...
Gynoveda, Ayurveda-backed women’s healthcare startup, raises $10M in Series A funding led by India Alternatives Fund
Eyes democratising Ayurveda-enabled curative solutions from puberty to menopause for 1 Million women of India Round also saw participation from...
Butterfly Ayurveda organizes exclusive Women’s Day Wellness Workshop
New Delhi, March 09, 2023: With Women’s Day right around the corner, preparation for the celebrations and revelries have begun....
McDonald’s India – North & East aims to hire 1500 employees from NGOs by 2025 through its community campaign ‘McDonald’s for Youth’; seeking partnerships
~Partnered with not-for-profit organisations like Magic Bus, Tech Mahindra Foundation, Quess Corp Foundation, Tarraqi, and others~ New Delhi, 1...
Celebrating Womens and Their Love for Spirits
The yearly celebration, which coincides with Women’s History Month by a week, has a different message each year; in 2023,...