Thai Larb Recipe
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 300 grams minced pork
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- ⅛ tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 limes
- 3-4 small shallots
- a few leaves of Culantro
- 3-5 spring onions
- 20 leaves fresh mint
Toasted sticky rice
- First step is to make the toasted rice.
- Heat a frying pan on low heat, toss in the uncooked Thai sticky rice (no oil). Stir continuously, kind of like you’re roasting peanuts or coffee. Toast the rice until it turns from white to golden yellow, almost to the point where it looks like brown wheat. It will also be very fragrant and smell almost like popcorn. It took me about 15 minutes or so.
- Once the rice is finished toasting, and has cooled off a bit, put it into your stone mortar and pestle. Pound the rice until it turns into a coarse powder (a blender or food processor will also work fine). Put your toasted sticky rice powder in a bowl aside.
- Add 300 grams of minced pork to a small sized saucepan with a handle. Fry the pork, breaking it into small minced pieces, until it’s fully cooked all the way through. For best flavor, leave all the oils that come out (but if you want to be healthier, you can also drain the pork oil, and add in a splash of water instead). Take the pork off the heat.
- Leaving the pork in the same pot, add 1 heaping tablespoon of the toasted rice powder into the pork. Also toss in ½ - 1 tablespoon of chili flakes.
- Add a pinch of sugar, ½ tablespoon of fish sauce, and squeeze in the juice from 1 - 2 limes (I used about 1 ½ full limes, but I like it quite sour).
- Give the pork and the seasoning a quick stir.
- Peel and slice the shallots, finely mince about 5 green onions and a few culantro leaves (if you have them), and just pluck about 20 or so mint leaves off the stem. Throw everything into the saucepan with the pork.
- Give the larb moo a good mix, making sure all the spices and dressing coats the pork.
- Taste test. See if it needs more fish sauce for saltiness, lime juice, or chili flakes. Get it the way you want it.
- Dish it out onto a plate and garnish with more mint leaves, Thai sweet basil, and culantro.
Press Release7 days ago
Burger Singh plans expansion in MP, to hire 50 employees for 3 new outlets in Bhopal
23rd May 2023, New Delhi : Burger Singh, the largest ‘Made-in-India’ burger chain in India, has revealed its expansion strategy...
Press Release2 weeks ago
McDonald’s India – North and East Launches Heart-Warming Film Celebrating The Spirit of Motherhood Beyond Mothers
New Delhi, 13 May, 2023: On the occasion of Mother’s Day, McDonald’s India – North and East has launched a campaign celebrating the...
Press Release3 weeks ago
Mother’s Day | Frozen Fun
Make Your heart melt with Frozen Fun 1. Gift Box 9 TUB (140 ML) We understand that great dessert brings...
Press Release1 month ago
Packaged Food Gets a Healthy Makeover: Indian Brands Changing the Narrative Or Redefining Packaged Food: How Indian Entrepreneurs are Making Healthy and Delicious Snacking a Reality
There is a negative connotation associated with packaged food. We perceive them as go-to snacks that are tasty but unhealthy....
Press Release1 month ago
WOX Energy Drinks’ Classic Edition sets a new benchmark in India with INR 10 crore revenue in a quarter
New Delhi, April 26, 2023: WOX Energy Drinks, the globe’s leading energy drink brand, is delighted to announce that its...