Eating in a calorie deficit does not equal starvation. It’s far from that. In fact, you can save a bucket load of calories by doing some pretty simple things out of the gate. Here are just a few:
- Cook your meals at home – This is a biggie. Having complete control over what you are cooking and eating is 100% the best way to cut calories. You control the ingredients and know exactly what you are eating. Going out to eat is part of our lives and will always be. But the more we eat out, the more calories we are consuming. Almost guaranteed.
- Using a smaller plate may help you actually eat less – By putting a smaller portion on a larger plate, sometimes your mind is going to think it needs more because it looks so small. Putting that same portion on a smaller plate, your mind thinks you are eating more. It’s worth a shot.
- You know that scrumptious looking bread basket that they always bring you at a restaurant before your meal? Literally can add 300-500 calories on BEFORE you even start your meal. So if you are eating out, you can always pass on the bread basket
- Zero calorie drinks can save you a ton of calories – Instead of the 150 calories from a coke, try seltzer water. It’s still got the bubbly, comes in flavors, and gives you the sense of drinking something “special”, not just water. Black coffee is another zero calorie drink staple. Both of those will take the edge off of hunger too.
- Use seasonings and spices instead of sauces – Sauces are a huge source of calories, especially when eating out because restaurants tend to really pile them on. So if cooking at home, try some seasonings instead. Try some new spices to change some things up. Almost zero calories and a lot of flavor.
- Eat your veggies, Pile them on – So many veggies are almost “free” in calories. Not literally, but they are so low that you can literally pile them on your plate, gets lots of volume, and keep your overall calorie count way down.
Savoring World Vegan Month: 5 Delicious Vegan Dishes to Celebrate World Vegan Month
Savoring World Vegan Month: 5 Delicious Vegan Dishes to Celebrate World Vegan Month Delight in Vegan Delicacies from Paper &...
Yauatcha Bengaluru concluded a Four Hands Dinner with Michelin-Star Chef Andrew Yeo and In-House Chef Pradeep Gomes
Yauatcha Bengaluru concluded a Four Hands Dinner with Michelin-Star Chef Andrew Yeo and In-House Chef Pradeep Gomes Celebrate Diwali with...
Signatures by The Leela: The Joy of Gifting
Signatures by The Leela: The Joy of Gifting Celebrate the Season with The Leela Palace Bengaluru’s Thoughtfully Curated Gourmet Collections!...
It’s A Haunted Happy Hour! 5 Bewitching Drinks That Will Raise All Spirits At Your Halloween Party
It’s A Haunted Happy Hour! 5 Bewitching Drinks That Will Raise All Spirits At Your Halloween Party Enter the spookiest...
Blend Bazaar 2023 Concluded A Spectacular Event With Powerpact Performances by Lost Stories, Answer and Zehen Music at Bhartiya Mall, Bengaluru on October 7-8
Blend Bazaar 2023 Concluded A Spectacular Event With Powerpact Performances by Lost Stories, Answer and Zehen Music at Bhartiya Mall,...