Eating in a calorie deficit does not equal starvation. It’s far from that. In fact, you can save a bucket load of calories by doing some pretty simple things out of the gate. Here are just a few:
- Cook your meals at home – This is a biggie. Having complete control over what you are cooking and eating is 100% the best way to cut calories. You control the ingredients and know exactly what you are eating. Going out to eat is part of our lives and will always be. But the more we eat out, the more calories we are consuming. Almost guaranteed.
- Using a smaller plate may help you actually eat less – By putting a smaller portion on a larger plate, sometimes your mind is going to think it needs more because it looks so small. Putting that same portion on a smaller plate, your mind thinks you are eating more. It’s worth a shot.
- You know that scrumptious looking bread basket that they always bring you at a restaurant before your meal? Literally can add 300-500 calories on BEFORE you even start your meal. So if you are eating out, you can always pass on the bread basket
- Zero calorie drinks can save you a ton of calories – Instead of the 150 calories from a coke, try seltzer water. It’s still got the bubbly, comes in flavors, and gives you the sense of drinking something “special”, not just water. Black coffee is another zero calorie drink staple. Both of those will take the edge off of hunger too.
- Use seasonings and spices instead of sauces – Sauces are a huge source of calories, especially when eating out because restaurants tend to really pile them on. So if cooking at home, try some seasonings instead. Try some new spices to change some things up. Almost zero calories and a lot of flavor.
- Eat your veggies, Pile them on – So many veggies are almost “free” in calories. Not literally, but they are so low that you can literally pile them on your plate, gets lots of volume, and keep your overall calorie count way down.
What Kind Of Apricots Are The Best?
Fresh apricots make an awesome sweet fibre filled snack that are relatively low in carbohydrate. Dried apricots like fresh apricots...
Craftsvilla Acquires PlaceofOrigin, Ethnic Foods E-tailer
Craftsvilla is entering the online gourmet food marketplace with the acquisition of PlaceofOrigin, a Bengaluru based ethnic food e-tailer. Craftsvilla...
Simba’s Authentic Craft Beer Roars Its Way Into Bengaluru!
After a roaring response in Goa and Delhi, Simba Craft Beers has finally launched their Simba Wit and Simba Stout...
The Resto-Boutiques That Are Giving Chennaites The Perfect Escape
Over the past few years, resto-boutiques have been picking up steam and more and more have been popping up all...
Get Away From The Internet World With KFC’s New Escape Pod
After gifting a fan a Colonel Sander’s portrait, KFC is in news again for its latest venture. They’re trying to...