1. A glass of whole milk adds 150 calories to your diet, while skim milk falls behind with only 90 calories. If your waistline is bigger than the gap of our doorway, then you ought to give serious consideration to avoiding those extra 60 calories.
2. The percentage of fat content in whole milk amounts to 3.25, or 8 g when calculated by weight. Skim milk on the other hand has ALL of its fat removed. Consuming zero grams of fat? I feel skinnier already.
3. When the fat is removed for skim milk, all the fat soluble vitamins faithfully follow it out of your diet. But not to worry, vitamin A and D are specifically added back to skim milk. That is great if it were not for the fact that they’ve completely forgotten to add the other 11 vitamins. Other than that, it’s absolutely great.
4. 2-3 glasses of milk per day lowers the likelihood of a heart attack and a stroke, and that applies equally for both skim and whole milk.
There’s not even a marginal difference?
5. Skim milk has 5mg of cholesterol, whereas whole milk has 35mg of cholesterol present. Yet, the cholesterol in whole milk helps to raise the good cholesterol and is therefore beneficial for the body. This must be that one time in history when cholesterol gets a good review.
6. Whole milk has essential proteins that help in muscle protein synthesis and thus, increases muscle building. This is lacking in skim milk despite having the same 8 gm weight of proteins. That’s right. Your gym coach was right all along.
7. Scientific studies show that people who favour skim milk have a higher chance of getting obese within the next 12 years. People who drink whole milk are better at maintaining their pounds. Here’s a tip to maintain your figure in the future –
8. You need calories to work, and once you’re short of energy you tend to eat more than necessary to fill the deficit. Unlike whole milk, drinking your daily fill of skim milk does little to ward off your growing hunger.
Shangri-La Bengaluru Celebrates Eight Years of Excellence
(Bengaluru, 21st September 2023) Shangri-La Bengaluru, the iconic 19-storey hotel situated in the heart of the city’s bustling central business...
Blend Bazaar returns with its spectacular 2nd edition: Bengaluru’s Ultimate Fusion Festival on October 7-8!
India’s only creator community-powered festival, curated by the Blend Community, combines culinary, fashion, art, and literature experiences with a stellar...
Discover the Taste Of Luxury At Pangeo – The Ultimate High-End Lounge and Bar in Brigade Road, Bengaluru!
Devoted to providing global experiences one can experience elegance and opulence at Pangeo Introduces India’s first exquisite Chivas XV Lounge...
Cafe Duco X Pack-A-Pav: Pav With Friends by Chef Urvika Kanoi
Get your taste buds pepped up because the iconic Cafe Duco is teaming up with Pack A Pav, the...
McDonald’s India – North and East introduces Kartik Aaryan’s Favourite McDonald’s Order – “The Kartik Aaryan Meal”
After Travis Scott and BTS Meals, McDonald’s Famous Orders platform makes its way to India with Kartik Aaryan’s Signature order...