Badam Pista Barfi Recipe
Badam Pista Barfi is an Indian dessert made with almonds and pistachios. These are ideally prepared festivals or simply enjoy it for a fuss-free, sweet treat.
½ cup badam/almonds
½ cup pistachios
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
2 tbsp milk powder
2 drops green food colour, optional
1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
¼ tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp badam & pistachios, chopped
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 100 grams khoya/mawa about ¾ cup grated khoya
- 60 gms badam/almonds or ½ cup
- 60 grams unsalted pista/pistachios ½ cup
- 60 gms sugar or ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 cardamoms/choti elachi
- ¼ tsp ghee for greasing a tray or plate/thali
- 1-2 tbsp sliced or chopped onds & pistachios for garnish or powdered alm
- heat a skillet on a low fire and dry dish the almonds and pistachios daintily for around 2 to 3 minutes. verify they don't get cooked.
- in the mean time, oil a plate or plate with ¼ tsp ghee.
- once the almonds and pistachios chill off, take them in a processor jug. likewise include seeds from 3 green cardamom cases.
- toil to a fine composition. on the off chance that there are minor pieces or bits of cashews its fine. try not to crush a lot as then oil would discharge from the nuts.
- in the same dish, specifically grind the khoya/mawa. likewise include sugar.
- keep the container on a low fire. continue blending the blend consistently.
- both the khoya and sugar would start to liquefy. the consistency of blend would turn out to be somewhat thin. here we don't have to cook the khoya all the more as the powdered almonds and pistachios help in tying the barfi. so as soon you see the blend percolating and somewhat thickening, expel the container from flame. don't over cook as then the barfi will get to be chewy.
- expel the container from flame.
- include the powdered almonds, pistachios and cardamom blend.
- blend rapidly and extremely well.
- pour the barfi blend on the lubed plate and spread it to a layer of ½ inch thickness from all sides.
- level the top with the spatula.
- sprinkle some finely slashed or powdered almonds and pistachios everywhere throughout the barfi. with your fingers gently squeeze them on the barfi.
- once cooled at room temperature, cut the barfi.
- serve badam pista barfi straight away or store in a sealed shut box. these stay well for 3 to 4 days in a frosty atmosphere. generally keep in the refrigerator
McDonald’s India- North and East Opens Restaurants with No Onion No Garlic Menu enroute the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi
Offering a 100% Vegetarian Menu, the restaurants are located at New Track- Tarakote Marg and Ardhkuwari Jammu, 16 March...
Gynoveda, Ayurveda-backed women’s healthcare startup, raises $10M in Series A funding led by India Alternatives Fund
Eyes democratising Ayurveda-enabled curative solutions from puberty to menopause for 1 Million women of India Round also saw participation from...
Butterfly Ayurveda organizes exclusive Women’s Day Wellness Workshop
New Delhi, March 09, 2023: With Women’s Day right around the corner, preparation for the celebrations and revelries have begun....
McDonald’s India – North & East aims to hire 1500 employees from NGOs by 2025 through its community campaign ‘McDonald’s for Youth’; seeking partnerships
~Partnered with not-for-profit organisations like Magic Bus, Tech Mahindra Foundation, Quess Corp Foundation, Tarraqi, and others~ New Delhi, 1...
Celebrating Womens and Their Love for Spirits
The yearly celebration, which coincides with Women’s History Month by a week, has a different message each year; in 2023,...