Make This Moist And Delicious Chocolate And Olive Oil Cake At Home
Yes, we know, chocolate and olive oil? We were skeptical too. But as odd as this combination sounds, it actually works vwey well together. Whatever olive oil you use – Extra virgin, greek, or a combination, you always get a beautiful cake that’s rich, moist and absolutely droolworthy! Find it hard to believe? Try it for yourself and let us know your thoughts!
- 200 g plain chocolate 70 per cent cocoa solids
- 125 ml strong-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds or hazelnuts
- 5 Large Eggs separated
For the cake
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter and line the base of a 20cm spring-form cake tin.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir a little to help the chocolate to melt.
- Once it's completely melted, whisk in the oil in a steady stream, then two-thirds of the sugar, whisking to help the sugar dissolve in the heat of the chocolate.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the ground nuts, a pinch of flaked sea salt and the egg yolks.
- Put the egg whites into a scrupulously clean bowl with about one third of the remaining sugar. Beat with an electric whisk until the whites are no longer clear, and then add another third of the sugar. Continue beating until the whites have really increased in volume, then add the rest of the sugar and beat until you have medium peaks (firm with tips that droop slightly).
- Using a really large metal spoon, loosen the chocolate mixture by folding in a big tablespoon of the egg whites, then fold in the rest carefully so that you don't lose air.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes. Test by inserting a fine skewer into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, with no batter attached, the cake is ready.
- Leave it to cool in the tin - it will deflate and crack a lot, but that is fine. Carefully turn it out and remove the paper.
- Put on to a plate and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Zomato Collaborates with Dial4242 to Extend Medical Support via Mobile Medical Units to Delivery Partners
Zomato, the food ordering and delivery platform, has collaborated with Dial4242 to provide ambulance services and medical support through mobile...
Burger Singh plans expansion in MP, to hire 50 employees for 3 new outlets in Bhopal
23rd May 2023, New Delhi : Burger Singh, the largest ‘Made-in-India’ burger chain in India, has revealed its expansion strategy...
McDonald’s India – North and East Launches Heart-Warming Film Celebrating The Spirit of Motherhood Beyond Mothers
New Delhi, 13 May, 2023: On the occasion of Mother’s Day, McDonald’s India – North and East has launched a campaign celebrating the...
Mother’s Day | Frozen Fun
Make Your heart melt with Frozen Fun 1. Gift Box 9 TUB (140 ML) We understand that great dessert brings...
Packaged Food Gets a Healthy Makeover: Indian Brands Changing the Narrative Or Redefining Packaged Food: How Indian Entrepreneurs are Making Healthy and Delicious Snacking a Reality
There is a negative connotation associated with packaged food. We perceive them as go-to snacks that are tasty but unhealthy....