Pasta Con Pomodoro E Basilico Recipe
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1 kg large red ripe tomatoes
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- A handful of fresh basil
- pinch Aof red chilly flakes
- 1 packet Penne (though you could use any pasta here long, thin, short or tube, as this is a sauce which works well with all the pastas)
- Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise and remove most of the seeds, using your fingers. Then quarter the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and add garlic and chilly flakes.
- As soon as the garlic gives off its aroma and becomes opaque, add the tomatoes. Cook over high heat until the tomato begins to thicken. Use a wooden spoon to stir and help break the tomato pulp.
- Add the basil, either whole or roughly chopped, and salt. When the sauce is cooked, remove it from the heat and run it through a food processor for a minute.
- Cook the pasta in abundant boiling water, till al dente, and drain.
- Place in a serving bowl with the sauce. Drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta and mix well with the sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Once you have a basic tomato sauce in hand, you could do zillions of variations. Add grilled veggies, or slivers of ham, or even some fish or prawns. Just do me a favor please and do not add chicken. All the rest is fine with me.
It should be cooked fast and at a high heat so that the tomatoes retain their summer sweetness, yet long enough to lose the watery quality that signals a bad sauce.
Burger Singh plans expansion in MP, to hire 50 employees for 3 new outlets in Bhopal
23rd May 2023, New Delhi : Burger Singh, the largest ‘Made-in-India’ burger chain in India, has revealed its expansion strategy...
McDonald’s India – North and East Launches Heart-Warming Film Celebrating The Spirit of Motherhood Beyond Mothers
New Delhi, 13 May, 2023: On the occasion of Mother’s Day, McDonald’s India – North and East has launched a campaign celebrating the...
Mother’s Day | Frozen Fun
Make Your heart melt with Frozen Fun 1. Gift Box 9 TUB (140 ML) We understand that great dessert brings...
Packaged Food Gets a Healthy Makeover: Indian Brands Changing the Narrative Or Redefining Packaged Food: How Indian Entrepreneurs are Making Healthy and Delicious Snacking a Reality
There is a negative connotation associated with packaged food. We perceive them as go-to snacks that are tasty but unhealthy....
WOX Energy Drinks’ Classic Edition sets a new benchmark in India with INR 10 crore revenue in a quarter
New Delhi, April 26, 2023: WOX Energy Drinks, the globe’s leading energy drink brand, is delighted to announce that its...