Vegetable Upma Recipe
Thinking of something piping hot, nutritious and healthy for breakfast? Here’s the perfect breakfast recipe for you! Rava Upma is an excellent breakfast choice. So, get cooking with this easy recipe for Rava Upma.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 cup mixed vegetables chopped (carrots, potatoes and beans)
- 2 green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 1 piece Ginger grated
- a few curry leaves
- ½ tsp urad dal / uluntham paruppu / uzhunnu parippu
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds / Kaduku
- A few roasted cashewnuts to garnish (optional)
- coriander leaves chopped, for garnish
- 2 tsp Oil
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the rava in a pan until it turns a light brown (about 7-10 mins).
- Transfer to a bowl when done and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. When the dal turns golden brown and the mustard seeds splutter, add the onions, green chillies and ginger. Fry for 4-5 mins until the onions turns golden brown.
- Now add the peas and vegetables. Mix well. Add about 3 cups water and cook closed until the vegetables turn soft.
- Open, add salt and mix well. Then lower fire to sim and add the roasted rava little at a time, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Continue to cook and stir for another 5 mins.
- Remove and serve hot with vegetable sambar and coconut chutney.
McDonald’s India- North and East Opens Restaurants with No Onion No Garlic Menu enroute the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi
Offering a 100% Vegetarian Menu, the restaurants are located at New Track- Tarakote Marg and Ardhkuwari Jammu, 16 March...
Gynoveda, Ayurveda-backed women’s healthcare startup, raises $10M in Series A funding led by India Alternatives Fund
Eyes democratising Ayurveda-enabled curative solutions from puberty to menopause for 1 Million women of India Round also saw participation from...
Butterfly Ayurveda organizes exclusive Women’s Day Wellness Workshop
New Delhi, March 09, 2023: With Women’s Day right around the corner, preparation for the celebrations and revelries have begun....
McDonald’s India – North & East aims to hire 1500 employees from NGOs by 2025 through its community campaign ‘McDonald’s for Youth’; seeking partnerships
~Partnered with not-for-profit organisations like Magic Bus, Tech Mahindra Foundation, Quess Corp Foundation, Tarraqi, and others~ New Delhi, 1...
Celebrating Womens and Their Love for Spirits
The yearly celebration, which coincides with Women’s History Month by a week, has a different message each year; in 2023,...