Ribbon Murukku is also called Ribbon Pakoda or Nada Thenkuzhal.
It is very simple to prepare and tastes great. You can try this easy murukku recipe for this Diwali and enjoy with your family. Today let us learn how to make ribbon murukku recipe/pakoda using this easy recipe.
- 1-1/3 cup Besan (Chickpea flour)
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Dalda (Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
1. Heat by oil for deep frying. Sift the flours. Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Next add in the Dalda, and rub it to the flour until it resembles bread crumbs (sort of!)
3. Next add tbsp of water at a time, slowly incorporating it to the dough
4. until it comes together into a semi soft dough. You don’t want it too tight, nor do you want it soft.
5. The mold I use is the one in the picture below which helps in forming the ribbon shape (hence the name of the recipe). But you will not be held accountable if you do not own this. Use another mold. It won’t make any difference to the end product.
6. Spoon some dough into the mold
7. Using the top press some dough right into the hot oil. You want the oil med-high heat.
8.Remember that the oil will bubble and come up, so you need a high pan. If your pan is small, just add very little dough at a time.
9. Press slightly to make ribbons and cut off to release it into the oil. Lot of bubbling action will follow it.
10. Turn it after a minute and continue cooking until the murukku turns golden brown and the oil stops all that hissing sound and settles down. When the bubble ceases, you know your murukku is done.
11. Remove and drop it to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with rest of the batter.
This ribbon pakoda/murukku recipe can be had even as a tea time snack.
Shangri-La Bengaluru Celebrates Eight Years of Excellence
(Bengaluru, 21st September 2023) Shangri-La Bengaluru, the iconic 19-storey hotel situated in the heart of the city’s bustling central business...
Blend Bazaar returns with its spectacular 2nd edition: Bengaluru’s Ultimate Fusion Festival on October 7-8!
India’s only creator community-powered festival, curated by the Blend Community, combines culinary, fashion, art, and literature experiences with a stellar...
Discover the Taste Of Luxury At Pangeo – The Ultimate High-End Lounge and Bar in Brigade Road, Bengaluru!
Devoted to providing global experiences one can experience elegance and opulence at Pangeo Introduces India’s first exquisite Chivas XV Lounge...
Cafe Duco X Pack-A-Pav: Pav With Friends by Chef Urvika Kanoi
Get your taste buds pepped up because the iconic Cafe Duco is teaming up with Pack A Pav, the...
McDonald’s India – North and East introduces Kartik Aaryan’s Favourite McDonald’s Order – “The Kartik Aaryan Meal”
After Travis Scott and BTS Meals, McDonald’s Famous Orders platform makes its way to India with Kartik Aaryan’s Signature order...