Begun Bhaja Recipe
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 Eggpant/brinjal sliced into discs of 1 cm thickness
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon (optional)
- Salt to taste
- mustard oil for shallow frying
- To begin making Begun Bhaja, first make the spice mix. In a bowl, combine the chilli powder, turmeric, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Slice the washed aubergine into thickish slices of 1 cm thickness. Lay them out in a wide bowl/dish or plate and add the prepared spice mix to it.
- Mix the spice mix with the slices of aubergine, rubbing them with your fingers so they are evenly coated with the spice.
- Now prepare to fry them. Place a pan/skillet on the heat and add mustard oil to it. It is important to heat mustard oil till it gets smoky as that emanates maximum flavour.
- When the oil begins to smoke, reduce the heat to lowest and add the slices to the oil in the pan, arranging them in a single layer.
- Fry them on a low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes on one side before you flip them to cook on the other side. Cook them until sufficiently golden on both sides.
- Remove the slices individually, with a slitted spoon and serve immediately, when still hot.
- Serve the Begun Bhaja along with Bengali Style Cholar Dal and Jeera Rice or with Bhog Khichuri for a comforting Bengali-styled meal.
Press Release7 days ago
Burger Singh plans expansion in MP, to hire 50 employees for 3 new outlets in Bhopal
23rd May 2023, New Delhi : Burger Singh, the largest ‘Made-in-India’ burger chain in India, has revealed its expansion strategy...
Press Release2 weeks ago
McDonald’s India – North and East Launches Heart-Warming Film Celebrating The Spirit of Motherhood Beyond Mothers
New Delhi, 13 May, 2023: On the occasion of Mother’s Day, McDonald’s India – North and East has launched a campaign celebrating the...
Press Release3 weeks ago
Mother’s Day | Frozen Fun
Make Your heart melt with Frozen Fun 1. Gift Box 9 TUB (140 ML) We understand that great dessert brings...
Press Release1 month ago
Packaged Food Gets a Healthy Makeover: Indian Brands Changing the Narrative Or Redefining Packaged Food: How Indian Entrepreneurs are Making Healthy and Delicious Snacking a Reality
There is a negative connotation associated with packaged food. We perceive them as go-to snacks that are tasty but unhealthy....
Press Release1 month ago
WOX Energy Drinks’ Classic Edition sets a new benchmark in India with INR 10 crore revenue in a quarter
New Delhi, April 26, 2023: WOX Energy Drinks, the globe’s leading energy drink brand, is delighted to announce that its...